This course involves situations related to the news. You'll analyze clips, listen to audio recordings, post in the student forum, and fill out worksheets.
What You'll Learn
- How to use the simple past passive in news stories.
- How to talk about local and international news events.
- How to talk about extreme weather and natural disasters.
- How to introduce news in conversation with expressions like Guess what?
- How to use expressions like The thing is... to introduce issues.
WORDS TO LISTEN FOR
How do you find out about what's going on in the world? Which aspects of the news are you most interested in? What major events are in the news right now? Write your responses in your notebook.