This course involves everything quantities and packaging, to eating habits and cooking methods. You'll analyze clips, listen to audio recordings, post in the student forum, and fill out worksheets.
What You'll Learn
- How to talk about food using expressions like a bottle of, a quart of, a loaf of, etc.
- How to use too, too much, too many, and enough.
- How to use quantifiers like a little, a few, very little, and very few.
- How to talk about eating habits and different ways to cook food.
- How to respond to suggestions by letting the other person decide.
- How to refuse offers politely using expressions like No, thanks. I'm fine.
WORDS TO LISTEN FOR
Look at the picture at the top of this page. Can you find these foods in the picture? What other foods can you find? Have you bought any of these things recently?
- a bag of rice
- a bottle of hot sauce
- a package of frozen corn
- a carton of soup
- a can of fruit
- a container of frosting
- a box of noodles